Sunday, June 25, 2017

My first Comicon!


Well, I finally did it, I went to my first con with one of my hand made costumes! I'm a little late to the game, but I'm so glad that I finally had enough courage to go. STL Comicon was hosted by Mighty Con at the St. Charles Convention Center. 

My boyfriend and I arrived to the convention around one o'clock, I wore my Starfire costume that I made last summer (still need to write her own post). I was so nervous/excited that my body was shaking, I didn't know what to expect. We entered and waited in line to receive our wrist bands from the pre-ordered ticket line. Once we received our wristbands, we were able to go in the convention hall. It was so wonderful, this place was filled with amazing artists, vendors, and cosplayers. Many people asked me for pictures, as well as me asking them for pictures. Everyone was literally so nice and courteous, I was overwhelmed with acceptance! It is truly such an amazing feeling to hear face to face how people appreciate my work and the effort I put into my cosplay. Once, after taking a picture with one guy in particular, I heard him say to his friend as they were walking away, "That is the best Starfire cosplayer I have ever seen." This brought me so much joy, I can't even describe it. I loved talking to the other cosplayers and appreciating their costumes, and taking pictures with my favorite characters!

Misty!

Negan bashing my head in

Cute lil' ewok!

Me and Amanda
After a few hours, three of my friends showed up, Amanda, Sarah and Dustin, two of which were also cosplaying. Sarah dressed in her newly bought 2017 version of Beauty and the Beast ballgown, and Amanda was dressed as Rey from Star Wars. It was so exciting to have them there with me at my first con (they've both been to one before). Aaron had a good time with Dustin being there, they're in love. 

The five of us walked around the whole con, viewing all the artists' work and the awesome props that were being sold. I ended up purchasing a beautiful print of Ariel from an artist named TriStarr, you can follow him on his Facebook page here! I love this piece so much and can't wait to find the perfect place for it in my sewing room. 


I also saw some handmade Negan bats that I realllly wanted, but I figured I could make one myself if I really wanted to, and I do! 

As the day came to a close, we all went outside to the water fountain and took pictures. My friend Amanda got some really great shots of me in my costume, which is always such a value to cosplayers. This con really opened my eyes, and I am so excited to go to more! I have been searching like a mad man for any kind of convention, large or small, around the St. Louis area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment