Friday, April 28, 2017

Trolls Poppy Hat!


For the past month I have been working on these cute and quirky Poppy hats! I've yet to see the movie Trolls, but it seems to be very popular among the kiddos (I'm always in the know, with being an elementary school teacher and all).

Back in March, my cousin sent me some Pinterest posts and asked if I would be able to re-create this hat. I simply Google searched for a pattern, and found this amazing woman's blog who created the pattern for this hat. She is so talented, I wouldn't even know where to begin with making such an intricate crochet pattern! She provides various sizes, and detailed instructions including videos! You can find the pattern here.

I gathered the supplies that I needed for the project, which most I already had, and took on the task. The first two hats were requested by my cousin for her child and her friend's child. Once those were finished, I posted the above picture on Facebook and received another request! So yet again, I was spending my evenings weaving yarn to replicate Poppy's head! I really should watch the movie, since I feel so close to her now.

You can purchase your own Poppy hat here!
My cute little cousin sporting her new Poppy hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment